Scheduled Events for Greek Week

Sponsored by IFC, Panhellenic, and NPHC

In conjunction with the Offices of Student Life and Multicultural Affairs

Sunday, April 3

Chapters are encouraged to place their letters on the DSU Quadrangle. 

Monday, April 4

Chapter members are encouraged to wear Badge attire today.

Chapter members are encouraged to attend the Greek Awards Ceremony. The Greek Awards Ceremony will be held at the BPAC this year. The BPAC entrance doors will open at 6:00 p.m., and light hors d’oeuvres will be served in the lobby. No food may be brought into the Delta & Pine Land Theatre. The Ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. This year, ALL chapter members, alumni, Advisors, etc. are invited to attend the awards ceremony.

Tuesday, April 5

Beginning at 2:00 p.m., there will be free food served on the DSU Quadrangle, and Greek Games will be played. Sororities and fraternities are encouraged to participate with their sister sororities and brother fraternities. For example, Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Omega Psi Phi will be paired as one team.

Greek Speak will begin at 7:00 p.m. in Jobe Hall Auditorium. The Office of Student Life is sponsoring “Criminal Law 101: Potential Legal Issues Facing the Average College Student” with local law partners Michael Carr and Arthur Calderon – the presentation is a discussion of all manner of potential legal issues which could befall a college student from misdemeanor DUI and drug possession to charges of felony assault. The lecture explains potential exposure in sentencing, as well as your rights with regard to search and seizure of your car, house, or dorm. Finally, the lecture will also discuss the collateral effects of a criminal conviction on future job prospects, banking, insurance quotes, and higher education applications. Please consider requiring this event for members. It will be a perfect educational opportunity for topics of Risk Management.

Wednesday, April 6

The Greek Week Step Show will be held at Walter-Sillers Coliseum at 9:00 p.m. A $2 entrance fee will be charged to collect money for Clarksdale flood victims. If you have not received Step Show rules, please contact Michael Lipford or Lindsey Anna Pardue.

Thursday, April 7

Today will serve as “Philanthropy Day” of Greek Week. This year, there will be a table in the H. L. Nowell Union all day where students can write encouraging letters to Anna Claire Stokes. Stationary will be provided. There will also be a large banner to sign.  

Students are also encouraged to participate in UPC’s Springfest (on the DSU Quadrangle) and the #SpringfestSelfie challenge from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. The Office of Student Life will be drawing names for gift cards to local businesses. Each entry is validated by (1) following @DSUStudentLife on Instagram, (2) tagging @DSUStudentLife in the picture posted, and labeling the picture with #SpringfestSelfie.

Friday, April 8

The Grammy Museum will be hosting a “Meet–n-Greek” student social from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Chapters are encouraged to place their Greek letters out on the lawn of the Museum and to wear their letter shirts to the event that evening. This event is open to the entire student body. A $7 fee will cover admission to the Museum, a live DJ, pizza, and a silicone event wristband (after a survey is completed).

Saturday, April 9

All students are encouraged to attend “The BIG Event!” in beginning at the Cleveland Bolivar County Courthouse from 9:00 a. m. – 2:00 p.m. Volunteers will receive food, drink, and shirt for participation. Supplies are limited. Contact Lisa Cooley at [email protected] to reserve your volunteer spot ASAP.