Happy, but Sad

Happy, but Sad

As graduation approaches, students are running around trying to finish last minute projects and everything else. Remember to stop every so often to breathe and take a break. The same goes for people who are stressing out about what is going to happen after graduation. As a person who is graduating, I have been so stressed about what will happen after I graduate. Will I find a job? Where will I find a job at? What will happen? I don’t know what is in store for my future, but I know that no amount of stressing is going to help the situation.

I would like to say I’ve had my fair share of ups and downs these past 2 ½ years at Delta State, just like I’m sure everyone else has too. But, I’ve made it and that’s all that matters. I am sad to say that my first ever journalism teacher, Patricia Roberts, will not be here to celebrate my graduation with me, but I know she is looking down and is very proud of me, everyone else who is graduating, and those who will be continuing the Delta Statement to come. When I first came to DSU, I was just an English major and Patricia talked me into pursuing a major in journalism too. She was there for me through hard times and was more than my teacher, but someone I could talk to about school or personal matters. I wish she was here to help me or to talk with about preparing for the future, but I know I have Adrienne Berard, who has been a great addition to the journalism department this semester. Adrienne has taught me many things this semester and I am glad I had the chance to meet her, before I graduated.

I know this is the last semester for journalism at DSU, but we will still have the newspaper and I hope that when I check back on the newspaper in the future from time to time, I see it doing great and keeping up with what is happening on this campus. I am so glad to be graduating and getting out of school, just like I’m sure a lot of students are, but I am sad to leave too. I’ve had the chance to meet a lot of people, who even though I don’t hangout with much, I still talk to from time to time. I know I am ready for whatever comes my way. Congratulations to everyone who is graduating!!! May 2016!!! We made it!!!