DSU: Okra Care

Here to Serve the Statesmen and Women!

Delta State Health Care Center

Delta State Health Care Center

How many universities can say that they have their own health center?

Thankfully, Delta State University’s health center is located right on campus to serve all students, faculty, and staff if they have a medical problem or question.

Constructed in 1976, the O.W. Reilly building was named after Dean Reilly, who was famously known for his dedication while working for the education and welfare of Delta State students. The health center provides a safe and friendly environment where one can gain helpful advice on making better health decisions.

The health center has a reduced cost of health screening. Getting sick while living on campus can be tough, imagine: you have no transportation to a health clinic, you only have four dollars in quarters, and your mom is to far away to bring you soup. No worries, DSU Health Care Center is just around the quad. Don’t wait until it is too late!

Both students and staff can visit the health center with no appointment needed; however, it is vital to have your insurance card with you so you can see the Nurse Practitioner.

The health center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and closed from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., for lunch. This is a great resource for anyone on campus looking to make sure their health is examined at a low cost and close to home.