Forever Grateful For Your Presence

Delta State journalism students Laura Orsborn (left to right), Elisabetta Zengaro, Conor Bell (back row), Tiago Doneux, Aallyah Wright and La Tia Penn display a record number of Mississippi Press Association awards for news, editorials, features, photography, graphic design and general excellence. The awards were presented at the annual Better Newspaper Contest in Jackson on March 26. Associate professor Patricia Roberts, Delta Statement advisor, is fourth from left. (The Delta Statement)

Professor Roberts:

You taught me so much in so little time. It breaks my heart that you can’t teach me again in this lifetime. As I write this, I smile as the tears flow because I know that you are at peace. I know that you are somewhere being nosy and asking all the right questions, the usual. It’s difficult for me to express to people how much of an impact you had on me. I will be forever grateful for your presence in my life. Although it was short, overall it was sweet.

Alecia Wilson

P.S. I hope we can make you proud as we try to preserve your legacy. Wish us luck.

January 23, 2016