The Love Of Travel: Why You Need a Break and How to Afford to Take One

Keep Calm and Travel On!

Each semester consists of fifteen weeks of studying, cramming and assignments. Many students also work to maintain a steady income. This plus classes can lead to burn out. Do students ever get a break?

Do Students Ever Get a Break?

Studies have shown that pausing and taking a break gives your body and brain a chance to reboot and recharge. This is essential to students who spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen.

All students need at least a little downtime between each semester, which is why we have spring, summer, fall, and winter breaks. One of the ways students spend their breaks is by taking trips. 

Not every student can afford to take an expensive trip. For instance, traveling to places such as Paris or even Florida. However, with a strict budget, they might be able to save their money to rent a room, pay for the flight and other traveling necessities. But with all these expenses, why travel? 

Why Travel?

Traveling is a way to relax and ease your mind. It is also a great way to enjoy different places that you haven’t visited before. It gives you freedom without the clutter of classrooms, assignments and exams. Traveling also gives you a break from parties, all-nighters on assignments and dining hall food.

There are many fantastic and inexpensive places to travel. Ecuador, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Panama City, Fla., Niagara Falls, New Orleans and Thailand are all options. These are really great places for college students to visit during their break, and it also will not break their budgets. 

Making and Saving Money for a Trip

Of course, it will take some time for students to save money, but there are multiple ways for them to do so. Students can get a part-time job, buy used textbooks, raise some extra cash or buy cheap items instead of name brand. Saving money on items instead of name brands is also a good way to budget.

A part-time job is really easy to do, and  this is the route many students tend to take. To raise some extra cash, try selling unused items, such as old clothes. Hobbies are also good to have to earn some money. For instance, if you are great with doing makeup or crafts, make some extra money off of it.  

Bon-Voyage!

All of the things listed above will help students save money in no time so they don’t have to worry about breaking their budgets while traveling.