Why You Should Fall Asleep After Eating a Good Breakfast

Eat breakfast, Fall Asleep, Get Good Grades

Erick Palacio via Pixabay

All you have to do to succeed in school is eat breakfast.

Have you ever wondered why professors stress the importance of eating a good breakfast before taking a quiz or exam in the morning? Or why they stress the importance of getting a good night’s rest? 

The Most Important Meal of the Day

Breakfast provides energy and essential nutrients that are needed for the brain to function optimally, especially after a period of fasting during sleep.

Sleeping after a good breakfast prepares me for a good day ahead of me. It sets my bones on fire and keeps me energized so I can deal with people’s bullcrap.

Eating a good breakfast can potentially have a positive impact on academic performance, but it is not a guarantee. Several studies have found a correlation between eating breakfast and improved cognitive function, memory, and attention, which can contribute to better academic performance. 

However, it’s important to note that the quality of the breakfast matters. A breakfast high in sugar and refined carbohydrates can cause a spike in blood sugar levels, followed by a crash, which can lead to a decrease in concentration and energy levels. On the other hand, a breakfast that is high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats can provide sustained energy and help maintain blood sugar levels throughout the morning.

Sleep Is Good for Health and Wellness

When I’m full and asleep, I don’t have to deal with attitudes or cry-baby classmates and coworkers.

All of this is great, but if you’re anything like me, you love to sleep after a big breakfast. Sleeping after breakfast calms me down. When I sleep, I do not have a care in the world about my grades or my academic stress. 

Sleeping after a good breakfast prepares me for a good day ahead of me. It sets my bones on fire and keeps me energized so I can deal with people’s bullcrap. When I’m full and asleep, I don’t have to deal with attitudes or cry-baby classmates and coworkers.

Field Study: Eating Breakfast and Sleeping in Class

My first year at Delta State, I had a professor who stressed the importance of eating a good breakfast. This professor was known for giving out quizzes that were long and had a lot of questions. 

She stressed the importance of a good breakfast because of something she had noticed. Students who ate well, came in and slept through class always scored better on quizzes than students who didn’t eat breakfast, came in and also slept through class. 

She always questioned what type of food they had eaten that would power their brain enough to make them aware of what happened in class while they were snoring. Or maybe they did well because they were so well rested from sleeping through class all semester.

I never really understood how it worked, but I guess it worked out well.