Preparing for Go Green Weekend

Flyer from the Delta State University website.

Go Green Weekend will be held on April 1-3. It will be the third annual Go Green Weekend at Delta State.

Director of Recruiting, Caitlyn Thompson said Go Green Weekend’s name “encompasses many of the elements that make up the weekend.”

“It is a time to come together and cheer on our Statesmen, hence the go green,” she continued. “It is also a time that we hope our prospective students choose to ‘go green’ in their choice for college. The name came about around the time that green and white pride became a ‘theme’ for the university. And of course for fun, it’s during the spring when everything is turning green again.”

The entertainment in Statesmen Park is free and open for anyone to come enjoy, but there is a fee for the athletic events and the cooking competition. An application is required for the cooking competition prior to the event on Friday, April 1 at 6 p.m.

Visitors for the spring preview day are welcome to join in. Registration is only required for the spring preview day which is on Saturday, April 2 from 10 a.m. til 3 p.m.

“Any juniors and sophomores that would like to participate in spring preview day are welcome!” Thompson said. “They may register online at www.deltastate.edu/gogreenweekend.”

A QA session will be held during the spring preview day for high school students to ask any questions, talk with professors, and students.